Photo credits: Acielle / Style du Monde
Outside the world of artisan-made gowns, fierce supermodels, and adorned runways that Haute Couture week had to offer, laid the world of modern and eclectic street style being walked in, around the globe. Comfy casuals done right, here is VOIR’s curation of the finest street style this week had on show. Expect to see oversized coats, military boots and shades of wearable neutrals.
- A woollen oversized cream coat that cosy dreams are made of. This is paired with a coordinating scarf for extra warmth and layered over a pair of chocolate brown baggy trousers and ash grey trainers. Perfect for taking strolls in the park, whilst not getting frostbite.
2. Bringing the safari to the streets are these zesty lime and black zebra print wide-leg trousers, with a black fur double-breasted teddy coat, baby pink military boots and a satin sage green shoulder bag for a finishing touch. Handy for when you want to let out your wild side.
3. Layering is key. Blue flared jeans are one of the most universal pieces of clothing you can own and can be paired with pretty much anything. Here they are put with a white turtleneck, a mocha hued mac coat and you can see a glimpse of a neutral plaid shirt showing underneath for added texture. The look is finished off with a dusty brown flat cap, a leather cross-body bag and a signature pair of black chunky boots.
4. A burnt orange long coat is moving with the wind, revealing this camel beige jumpsuit which is serving strong army vibes. Under the jumpsuit, a plain black top is layered for colour blocking and warmth and is finished off with patented leather knee-high boots and a mini belt purse.
5. For the trackie lovers. No longer just reserved for hibernation days and trips to the corner shop, grey tracksuit bottoms can be used as a cool fashion statement. Teaming up with the grey tracksuits here is a matte black puffer coat with a flattering waist buckle. Classic white trainers to match, and an element of elegance is added in with an aqua blue clutch.
6. You can’t go wrong with a white shirt. Clean, simple and fresh. This look utilises the simplicity of a baggy white shirt and a white tee, with the twist of baby blue PVC flared trousers and white leather platform boots for a futuristic feel. Finished off with black shades and a cream Jacquemus ‘Chiquito’ bag.
7. Picnic blankets reinvented: The traditional red and white check print you might associate with a picnic blanket has been reformed into a chic everyday coat, paired with a plain black scarf, gloves and trousers. Accessories include the signature Prada bucket hat, another loved Jacquemus bag in a shade of teal and chunky Gucci ‘Rhyton’ trainers.
8. The power duo: This pair is showing how street style is done, with the woman wearing a black PVC mac coat and thigh-high boots, reminiscent of an aesthetic from The Matrix and the man next to her wearing a beige toned hoodie tracksuit ensemble, with denim waistcoat and matching luminous orange trainers and beanie.
Words by Sophia Zenonos, Graphic by Victoria Zhao, Fashion Edits by Millie Pollok